Graphic Designer 54 views
The Graphic Designer reports directly to the Director of Marketing. The Graphic Designer creates strategic brand and retail marketing initiatives and their associated tactics. The Graphic Designer creates visual communications that inspire, inform, or captivate patients and customers. He/she will develop the overall layout and production design for product packaging, advertisements, brochures, store signage, email, landing pages, and other marketing collateral under the guidance of the Director of Marketing.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for the following:
- Bringing both strategic and creative thinking to every project, the Graphic Designer is responsible for the concept development, execution and management of design across all materials keeping marketing materials fresh, consistent and competitive with the industry.
- Executes creative pieces ensuring that the marketing objectives are met and that all projects are completed accurately and on schedule.
- Designs and executes compelling creative for Health for Life and The Holistic Center dispensaries, as well as for the MPX brand, including product packaging, printed and digital marketing collateral, in-store signage and merchandising and print and digital advertisements
- Manages and adheres to established schedules in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ensure that brand look, feel and messaging established by the corporate brand team is executed consistently across all creative deliverables for the Southwest region
- Stays relevant with current and future design trends and technology
- Creates graphic assets and manages the production of graphic systems and toolkits, including a library and guidelines for use on digital platforms, web properties, external sites, social media, etc.
- Attends press checks with print vendors as needed and ensures ongoing professional working relationships.
- Reviews and approves graphics used by outside vendors, partners, and outlets to ensure proper applications according to best practices.
- Partners with and maintains productive working relationships with colleagues at all levels throughout the organization to build trust and confidence within the marketing, retail, wholesale and product manufacturing teams.
- Works productively with external partners such as photographers and agencies
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in an in-house creative department or marketing agency
- Experience in package design
- Experience working in a retail or CPG marketing environment a plus
- Experience in copywriting and product photography a plus
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite (In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat).
- Knowledge of Microsoft software applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Technical knowledge of file preparation and procedures
- Understanding and application of the principles and elements of design
- Strong sensibility for type, color, page layout and visual problem-solving
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Ability to present creative ideas, provide rationale behind the work, and present at internal creative reviews; is receptive and open to input and feedback
- Motivated, flexible, detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills
- Collaborates and thrives in an entrepreneurial environment with a positive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to build relationships and collaborate across all levels of the organization and with external agency partners
- Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and be results-oriented
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- product photography: 2 years (Preferred)
- packaging design: 2 years (Preferred)
- graphic design: 5 years (Required)
- cannabis industry: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Store Discounts
- One location
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Child Care benefits
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Employee discounts