Arizona Natural Selections is a premier medical marijuana company, with retail locations in Scottsdale and Peoria.
The Plant Extraction Research and Development Laboratory Manager will lead a team of technicians with the goal of producing innovative, optimal and efficient methods for cannabis extraction, purification and chemical separations with the intention of producing cannabinoid based medical products while maintaining a safe and compliant work environment.
Our laboratory is built on bringing together a diverse range of scientists and laboratory technicians with the intention of research and development of innovative cannabis based medical products. We are looking for leaders who want to work alongside great talent and create a positive work experience for their team members.
How to Apply: Provide a cover letter outlining why you believe you would be the right fit for this role along with your resume and desired salary. Resumes sent without including a cover letter will not be considered.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for Cannabis Extraction, including but not limited to Open/Closed loop systems. Vac. Ovens, high pressure gas systems, Rotovap system etc.
- Responsible for all inventory levels in/out of Laboratory
- Updating and maintaining Inventory levels
- Product batch identification
- Labeling of products
- Operates within AZDHS guidelines
- Responsible for organization of compliance documentation
- Maintains production deadlines
- Create purchase orders as required; tracks orders; maintains vendor relations Inventory audits
- Processes and/or approves invoices for payment
- Wholesale transactions
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree with a preference of a biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, supply chain logistics, or a pharmaceutical related field
- Hand on laboratory R&D experience including standard chemical purification and separation techniques
- Experience with standard inventory and electronic handling of data
- Leadership experience and the ability to train staff/employees in standard laboratory techniques, practices and safety
- Standard IT, data management, electronic lab handling, and chemical data analysis
- Project management skills and experience, and specific experience with cannabis would also be an excellent advantage
- Experience with MJ Freeway preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age
Arizona Natural Selections is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Medical, Dental & Vision
Vacation and Sick Time
Job Type: Full-time