Cure Pennsylvania will operate three medical marijuana dispensaries in Lancaster, Fort Washington, and Phoenixville Pennsylvania starting in early 2018. Cure’s mission is to help our patients discover their cure today. The company is focused on patient access to top quality and compassionately priced medicine. Our employees deliver on this mission by modeling our values, demonstrating genuine compassion for our patients, focusing on continually improving our operation, while meeting and exceeding our stringent compliance standards.
To serve our patients, Cure carries a wide assortment of Pennsylvania Department of Health approved medical marijuana in various forms such as vaporization, pill, tincture, oil, topical, and concentrate. Cure is seeking team members who want to bring their expertise, experience, and passion to serve the medical needs of Pennsylvania’s residents.
The Human Resources Manager (HRM) position leads the company’s Human Resources function and is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and performance of the function. The HRM has accountability for benefits administration, employee relations, human resources compliance training for all employees, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment, affirmative action, and employment law compliance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and administers the human resources plan and various procedures for all company personnel including the creation and regular updating the employee handbook.
- Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the Human Resources function. Participates in developing goals, objectives, and systems for the function.
- Implements and annually updates the compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program, and cash flow.
- Develops and maintains Affirmative Action Program; files Employer Information Report (EEO-1) annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Manages the company’s fulfillment of Pennsylvania Regulation § 1141.32 Diversity Goals.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt, nonexempt, and temporary workers; writes and places advertisements; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-path program and employee relations counseling; and conducts exit interviews.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars. Maintains organizational charts and employee directory.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of function initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, Pennsylvania, and local employment laws.
- Promote open feedback from all employees and provides regular feedback to senior management.
- Integrity and trust
- Human resources expertise
- Communication skills
- Global and cultural awareness
- Relationship management
Though this role has no direct reports, this position is responsible for the performance management, human resources processes, and recruiting and hiring of all employees across the company.
This role can be based out of the Lancaster, Phoenixville, or Fort Washington Dispensary. The role operates in a retail and office environment and uses standard office equipment.
This position requires frequent standing, sitting, reaching, climbing a step-stool, and travel in a vehicle.
The physical demands and responsibilities described here are representative of those are met by an employee to successfully perform the job. This position is moderately active and requires prolonged standing, sitting, and walking.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time exempt position with standard hours Monday to Friday 8 AM to 5 PM. However, as the company’s employees working seven days per week, this role may need to work extended hours in the evening or weekend as needed. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Local travel in southeast Pennsylvania amongst the dispensaries with minimal out-of-state travel.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree with a master’s degree a plus.
- Must have 5+ years of human resources experience.
- SHRM Certification a plus (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP).
- Must be able to drive and be insurable under the company’s policy. A Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)/Driver Record may be required for insurance purposes.
- Able to maintain and pass Pennsylvania Department of Health background check.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
Must have passed the Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Program 2-hour compliance training.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. Cure offers a competitive benefits package including a variety of medical, dental, vision, and retirements options. The company also offers paid time off based on tenure and job level.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Cure provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identification, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cure complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- human resources: 5 years
Required licenses or certifications:
Apply at 475 Pennsylvania Ave