Inventory/Compliance Specialist – Cannabis Industry
Venom Extracts is looking for a detail-oriented person to be our next Inventory and Compliance Specialist. You will be responsible for ensuring Venom Extracts is compliant under state law and will work closely with the Dispensaries and our management staff. You will also be responsible for invoicing all of our wholesale orders and receiving product into our wholesale system. A successful candidate has the ability to analyze, apply, interpret, and audit; compliance requirements for various departments and has previous experience maintaining, monitoring, investigating, and resolving inventory discrepancies.
- Conduct inspections with the AZDHS and Supervising Dispensary
- Work with Supervising dispensary on Audits and audit schedule
- Collect, audit, and file required paperwork from all department to ensure compliance
- Prepare compliance status report for Management
- Collect and file all signed manifest and QC checks
- Review of product labeling, batch records, and test results for compliance with applicable regulations and policies prior to shipment of orders.
- Train staff on state regulations and Standard Operating Procedures to ensure full compliance
- Audit departments on a regular basis as determined by management for compliance
- In charge of the chain of custody and release of all wholesale products.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory accuracy through regular auditing and inventory controls.
- Responsible for communicating inventory adjustments including returns to Accounting.
- Pulling all orders (internal and 3rd party) for all products (flower and simple inventory).
- Receiving inventory into BioTrack.
- Creating invoices in BioTrack to distribute product to the correct Dispensaries.
- Sending the BioTrack invoice to Accounting, management and sales.
- Manage the approval documents related to wholesale customers such as dispensary ATOs; log, track, and maintain these documents in DropBox.
- Ensure that all customer profile information is up to date in BioTrack; this includes customer dispensary names, contact names, email info, addresses, phone numbers and dispensary license numbers.
- Maintain files of dispensary paperwork, invoices, trip plans and DHS documents in an organized manner both hard copy and in DropBox.
- Clarify orders with sales representatives whenever needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or similar field
- Minimum of 3 years of compliance experience, ideally in the regulated cannabis industry or another regulated industry, such as alcohol, tobacco, or manufacturing
- Must have the ability to develop and foster strong working relationships throughout all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Excellent people and communication skills (verbal and written), with ability to successfully explain complex matters.
- Ability to successfully manage a high-volume workload with tight deadlines
- Detail-oriented and ability to adapt to changing demands and priorities
- Capable of handling confidential information discreetly and professionally
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge or ability to develop working knowledge of all Arizona regulations
- Must be able to handle constructive criticism.
- Exposure to fertilizer, dusts, odors, high heat, low temperature, high and low humidity, high noise levels, vibrations, water, dry salts, allergens, pollen, dust, plant pathogens, other volatile organic compounds, and other environmental variables
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Per AZDHS – “Nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary agent” means a principal officer, board member, employee or volunteer of a nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary who is at least twenty-one years of age and has not been convicted of an excluded felony offense. (htps: //twww.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/36/02801.htm&Title=36&DocType=ARS)
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Phoenix, AZ (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Saturday (Required)
- Sunday (Required)
- Other forms
- One location
- Every other week
- Repetitive lifting
- Ops Manager
- N/A – fixed schedules
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive — competitive and growth-oriented
- Holidays required
- 8 hour shift
- Weekends required
- Day shift