Do you have what it takes to be a part of an industry leading cannabis company? We are Mayflower Medicinals – a company dedicated to delivering the best products and services possible to the patients of Massachusetts.
The Security Manager position plans, directs and coordinates activities relating to the protection, safeguarding and security of company assets, employees, invitees and others; ensures that established goals and objectives are accomplished with prescribed priorities, time limitations and with fiscal responsibilities; advises, makes recommendations, assists in the formulation of goals and objectives; designs, implements and monitors security policies, procedures and programs; complies with federal, state and local legal regulations; and exercises independent judgment in the course of carrying out overall responsibilities and other activities as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plans, examines, analyzes, evaluates and supervises Mayflower security operations, inclusive of physical security assets and security personnel.
- Prepares reports and records for management team.
- Evaluates current procedures, practices and precedents for accomplishing Mayflower activities and functions relative to security.
- Identifies and resolves security related problems.
- Develops and implements alternative methods for security operation improvement.
- Coordinates activities within security area.
- Prepares periodic budget estimate and reports.
- Orders supplies and equipment as needed.
- Reviews financial reports to ensure security operation efficiency and quality control.
- Develops preventative security programs, including the supervision of security personnel.
- Performs audits of security related performance and conducts physical surveys of premise security, including security equipment condition.
- Conducts, supervises and prepares reports relating to internal investigations of any losses or violations of Mayflower regulations, policies and procedures; develops, implements and manages security training.
- Assists in preparation of emergency management and contingency planning.
- Serves as Mayflower’s liaison with public law enforcement, fire and other agencies as it relates to security at Mayflower.
- Performs other activities as assigned.
- Directs and coordinates, through subordinate and/or contract personnel, Mayflower activities and security functions, utilizing knowledge of established policies, procedures and practices.
- Initiates personnel actions such as recruitment, selections, transfers, promotions and discipline or dismissal measures.
- Resolves work grievances or submits unsettled grievances to the Human Resources Department or corporate officer for action.
- Prepares work schedules; assigns or delegates responsibilities.
- Provides work directives for subordinates.
- Sets deadlines to ensure completion of operational security functions.
- Interprets and disseminates Mayflower policy to subordinate personnel; and evaluates employee performance.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Decision Making.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Organizational Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Supervisory Responsibility
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a clerical office environment, as well as periodical rounds throughout the corporation’s grounds and worksite. This role also routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
Degree in business administration, criminal justice, law enforcement, security or a closely related field, or equivalent number of years of experience, and/or 8 years’ full-time experience performing supervisory responsibilities or highly responsible work relating to tasks assigned to this position, or any combination of education and experience provided the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
Possession of a valid motor vehicle license and willingness to operate motor vehicles in the course of employment.
Any professionally recognized certifications in the security related field.
Mayflower Medicinals, Inc. (Mayflower) is part of iAnthus Capital Management, a well-capitalized network of companies brought together to support best-in-class licensed cannabis cultivators, processors and dispensaries throughout the United States. We are a patient first focused organization providing top quality medical cannabis in a compassionate, warm environment. We aim to be an employer of choice and as such offer a robust compensation package including competitive salary, full medical benefits, bonus potential tied to production and performance among other perks.
Mayflower Medicinals provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mayflower Medicinals complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Mayflower Medicinals expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 3 years